- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 10 months ago by gio.
- March 7, 2017 at 1:38 am #832Masty02Guest
Please help me guys. My computer was attacked by Sage virus. All my files like docs, images, music, and so on are now bearing the .sage extension.
YOUR DOCUMENTS, DATABASES, PROJECT FILES, AUDIO AND VIDEO CONTENT AND OTHER CRITICAL FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED WITH A PERSISTENT MILITARY-GRADE CRYPTO ALGORITHM…
If you HAVE REALLY VALUABLE DATA, you better NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, because there is NO OTHER WAY to get your files, EXCEPT MAKE A PAYMENT…”
Some of the files are crucial to my work and I need to recover these files as soon as possible. Searching the web for the Sage recovery tool is useless. Seems there is still no decryptor for this type of virus.
If in any case you have a tool to recover .safe infected files, please drop a comment here. I will be waiting for any helpful replies.
Thanks a lot.March 7, 2017 at 1:43 am #833MFixerGuest
Up to this point, there is still no way you can download a decryptor for .Sage infected files. In the meantime, you can follow the procedures below to remove the ransomware and stop it from further infecting more files.
Self Help Guide
For easy and free removal of Sage Virus, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following Sage Virus removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of Sage Virus and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding Sage Virus and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including Sage Virus.
– To remove Sage Virus including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.March 8, 2017 at 4:46 pm #836gioGuest