- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 5 months ago by MFixer.
- May 5, 2019 at 1:43 am #1152mamplasanGuest
Please help me. All my files are now encrypted by Dutan virus. After doing some research, I learned that this is associated to notorious .Djvu ransomware. But these websites claiming to provide decryptor are mostly misleading and ended up selling their products.
I need real .Dutan ransomware decryptor tool to recover all my files because as of now, all the extensions were appended and there is no associated file to open them. I mean, my files are now useless. Unfortunately, I do not have any backups.May 5, 2019 at 2:00 am #1153MFixerGuest
What is Dutan Ransomware?
Dutan ransomware is a highly-dangerous virus that encrypts files on infected computer. It will append file extensions with .dutan (ie. Myfile.doc.dutan). Since there is no associated application for this file extension type, it will be unusable. In order to regain access to your files, decryption key is needed but it may cost some payment to obtain. Dutan ransomware demands $490 to $980 depending on how soon victims will contact the ransomware authors.
As what goes with most ransomware, Dutan virus will leave a readme.txt message with the following contents:
Don’t worry my friend, you can return all you files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents, and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files…
.Dutan Decryption Tool
As of now, there is no available decryption tool for .Dutan affected files. However, you may try this DJVU/STOP decryption tool made available by Demonslay335. Please note that this tool works in offline mode and decryption will only be successful if the key on your computer is included in the offline keys of the tool.
We will update this portion as soon as there is specific decryption tool available for .Dutan.
Dutan Ransomware Removal Guide
For easy and free removal of Dutan Ransomware, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following Dutan Ransomware removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of Dutan Ransomware and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding Dutan Ransomware and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including Dutan Ransomware.
– To remove Dutan Ransomware including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.