- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by MFixer.
- May 19, 2019 at 2:31 am #1167reyzzGuest
Everytime I am online, this scam window appears pretending as message from Windows Security. It prompts to call the toll free hotline (844) 650-8813 for support. I know that this is fraud but I have no idea on how to stop it from appearing on my browser. The pop-up window contains the following message:
The server coniosis.stream is asking for your username and password. The server reports that this URL has been blocked under instructions of a competent US Government Authority or in compliance with the orders of a Court of competent jurisdiction. Infringing or abetting infringement or copyright-protected content including this URL is an offence in law…
Warning: Your username and password will be sent using basic authentication on a connection that isn’t secure.May 19, 2019 at 2:41 am #1173MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide
For easy and free removal of pop-up scam, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following pop-up scam removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of pop-up scam and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding pop-up scam and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including pop-up scam.
– To remove pop-up scam including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.