- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 2 months ago by MFixer.
- September 13, 2016 at 1:03 am #653Stewart032Guest
Yesterday, I got a pop-up promoting DNSdownloader as a tool that can speed up my internet connection. I was tempted to install this program and at first, everything seems fine. But after hours of having DNSdownloader on my computer, my computer starts to slow down. Same with my internet, it took so long to load a single page.
Ads by DNSdownloader is also flooding the browser. There are times that several pop-ups will appear, which heavily degrade the system performance of my PC. This tool is like a virus. It does nothing helpful and just spoiling the computer. PC is now hopeless and almost useless due to this DNS Downloader malware.
Please tell me how to remove DNSdownloader from the computer. My antivirus program found several malicious objects after the scan. However, this does not eliminate DNSdownloader pop-up ads. The extension is also present on my Chrome browser and there is no way to stop it.
I need help very badly.
Thanks.September 13, 2016 at 1:04 am #655MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide to Remove DNS Downloader
For easy and free removal of DNSdownloader, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following DNSdownloader removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectively of DNSdownloader and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding DNSdownloader and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including DNSdownloader.
– To remove DNSdownloader including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.