- This topic is empty.
- June 16, 2016 at 1:39 am #536jonasbroGuest
Please tell me how I can remove hmining.mobi from Safari and Chrome browser. This thing is hijacking some of the web pages. Everything started after making a visit to dubious web site. Few minutes after that, hmining.mobi redirects started to do its thing.
On Google Chrome, even tabs are opening on hmining.mobi. I have deleted this virus from Preferences, but still nothing happens. I cannot resolve the problems. Aside from redirects, my Mac becomes slower since this virus was downloaded on my computer.June 16, 2016 at 1:45 am #537MFixerGuest
Procedures to remove hmining.mobi from Mac – Safari:
1. First, please disconnect your Internet connection.
2. Go to Apple menu then choose Force Quit.
3. Select and close Safari program from the list.
4. When Safari is not running anymore, re-launch it while holding down on the Shift key. This method will run Safari in Safe Mode.
5. From there, hmining.mobi may stop working and you can now remove it.
6. You may now see those dubious Tabs created by hmining.mobi. Be sure to close all malicious tabs before going online. Please restart Safari so that you may now be able to use it normally.
7. Complete the malware removal process by scanning the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac:June 16, 2016 at 2:03 am #540JonasbroGuest
This hmining.mobi thing happened to my computer few days back. However, Google Chrome is the one affected on my end. The virus did not change anything on Safari.
I manage to remove hmining.mobi by removing adware programs particularly AdBlock Super and New Ticker Remover.
After that, I also scanned the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.June 16, 2016 at 2:29 am #541TagGuest
Same thing on my computer, just contracted it minutes ago. Tried Malwarebytes Anti-malware that everyone suggests….nothing. Everyone also says to remove the extensions from chrome/safari, I have and it doesn’t seem to do anything. Really infuriating…February 25, 2017 at 11:00 pm #825SkyGuest
Thanks for your instructions which have led to cleaning up hmining.mobi from Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my MacBook Pro. After disconnected the machine from the Internet. I have deleted hmining.mobi from all browsers and deleted hmining.mobi from the Start up page.