- This topic is empty.
- June 25, 2016 at 12:04 am #543MacsterGuest
Please help me. I am having this Fake Microsoft Support pop-up called Error # 268D3. This thing first appeared on my browser when it was redirected while I am downloading a file. Since then, Error # 268D3 constantly pop-ups on my computer. It advises me to call 1-800-213-922 for Microsoft Official call support. Here is the content of the pop-up box:
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED
Error # 268D3
Please call us immediately at: 1-800-213-922
Do not ignore this critical alert.
If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a virus and spyware. The following information is being stolen.
– Facebook Login
– Credit Card Details
– Email Account Login
– Photos stored on this computer
You must contact us immediately so that out engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent your computer from being disabled.
Toll Fee: 1-800-213-922June 25, 2016 at 12:21 am #546MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide to Remove Error # 268D3
For easy and free removal of Fake Mirosoft Support – Error # 268D3, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of Fake Mirosoft Support – Error # 268D3 and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding Fake Mirosoft Support – Error # 268D3 and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including Fake Mirosoft Support – Error # 268D3.
– To remove Fake Mirosoft Support – Error # 268D3 including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.September 19, 2016 at 4:08 am #671Defender1Guest
1800 213 922 is a nasty call centre based in India that pretends to be working as or for Microsoft support team.( Apple computers are an easy target). They are fake, fake, fake. Those scums are installing malwares and viruses from popups or with bundles software as Adobe Flash. More important, Po(r)n sites are 98% to be their favourite way of
passing their viruses.
Your internet browser suddenly freeze and your all computer is frozen. Best way is to shut your computer down ( by pressing power button for 20 seconds or to make sure unplug Your computer). Fear and stress will take over with messages saying that your computer has had a virus attack. Restart with a clean browser cache and a run of a antivirus if you have one. Talk to someone if you are not reassured or still in distress.
This free phone call number is targeted to Australian ‘s audience. Note that nothing has changed in your computer system but check if some extensions had been added to your browser. Do not let those curry scumbags win.