- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 2 months ago by MFixer.
- September 13, 2016 at 12:51 am #649Defoe221Guest
Please tell me how to remove DNSunload virus from my computer. This program gets inside the PC when I downloaded internet speed tool this morning. Since then, there are plenty of annoying Ads by DNSunload pop-ups on my browser.
I have checked browser extension and found DNSunload. The problem is I cannot delete or disable this plug-in. This program keeps on bothering my Google Chrome and Firefox browser. No DNSunload virus on my Internet Explorer, so, it is the only browser I can use to post this topic.
I have scanned the computer with AVG free and nothing was found. Any more recommended tools that I can use to get rid of DNSunload?September 13, 2016 at 12:53 am #651MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide to Remove DNSunload
For easy and free removal of DNSunload, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following DNSunload removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of DNSunload and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding DNSunload and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including DNSunload.
– To remove DNSunload including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.