- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by Vishal.
- January 2, 2019 at 2:33 am #1071guyfromatlantaGuest
Yesterday, a remote attacker claiming to be from Microsoft Helpdesk almost tool $400 from me. It all started with pop-up stating that my computer has a virus. The note stated that I need to call a toll-free number or go to fastsupport.com. Thinking that everything is real, I go to the said website and allow a remote customer service personnel take control of my computer. FastSupport staff told me that presence of many computer viruses on my Windows system may take 2 to 3 hours to remove and they advise to let my computer stay connected with them. At this point, I started to realize that there are a number of online scammers like this.
I immediately shut down the browser and turned off the computer right away. When I restarted the PC, FastSupport pop-up appears on homepage. I realized that fastsupport.com is now the default settings on my start-up page. The purported customer service personnel have changed the configuration is that short period of connection. Luckily, I cut off the connection before he did something much worse on my computer.
Now, my browser is back to normal after scanning the computer with anti-virus program. Does this indicate that my computer is all well? Do you have any other idea to make sure that the system is now free from FastSupport pop-ups and scam?January 2, 2019 at 2:38 am #1073MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide
For easy and free removal of FastSupport Scam, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following FastSupport Scam removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of FastSupport Scam and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding FastSupport Scam and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including FastSupport Scam.
– To remove FastSupport Scam including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.January 2, 2019 at 10:43 am #1075VishalGuest
Thanxx a lot for Information…..!