- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago by MFixer.
- December 7, 2020 at 12:53 am #2287Lj220Guest
Hi. I just want to ask if anyone here can identify a ransomware that adds .cring file extension? I am searching the internet for this kind of virus but couldn’t find any discussion. As of now, this Cring ransomware is only encrypting .doc and .txt files. I was not able to identify it because there is no ransom note, ID, or anything that I can upload to ID-Ransomware.
If anyone here have the same issue as mine, please let me know if you were able to solve or recover the files.
Thank you very much.December 7, 2020 at 12:58 am #2289MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide
For easy and free removal of Cring, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following Cring removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of Cring and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scanner tab
– Click on Scan button to start finding Cring and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove or Quarantine button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan Now button to search for malicious applications including Cring.
– It will display scan result and this may include Cring.
– To remove Cring including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean or Quarantine button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.January 21, 2021 at 11:48 pm #2291delilahseedGuest
Anyone have solution for this. I need to decrypt my files that has Cring extensions. They said that this Cring ransomware is a Crypt3r virus. It drops the following message on my computer:
“Sorry, your network is encrypted, and most files are encrypted using special technology. The file cannot be recovered by any security company. If you do not believe that you can even consult a security company, your answer will be that you need to pay the corresponding fees, but we have a good reputation. After receiving the corresponding fee, we will immediately send the decryption program and KEY. You can contact us to get two file decryption services, and then you will get all decryption services after paying our fee, usually the cost is about 2 bitcoins . Contact: eternalnightmare @ tutanota.com, qkhooks0708 @ protonmail.com”