- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by MFixer.
- January 5, 2019 at 2:40 am #1084kd901Guest
Clean-macbook-system-clean.live keeps on showing an alert telling me that Mac computer is infected with viruses. I am well aware that this is a fake AppleCare Products page that is operating under phishing campaign. My really concern is that Clean-macbook-system-clean.live keeps on showing on my Google Chrome browser and I cannot do anything to stop the pop-up. It is annoying because it is forcing me to download a virus scanner. As further misleading tactic, Clean-macbook-system-clean.live keeps on showing the following messages:
Your system is infected with 3 viruses!
Your Mac is infected with 3 viruses. Our security check found traces of 2 malware and 1 phishing/spyware. System damage: 28.1% – Immediate removal required!
The immediate removal of the viruses is required to prevent further system damage, loss of Apps, Photos or other files. Traces of 1 phishing/spyware were found on your Mac with OSX.
To avoid more damage click on ‘Scan Now’ immediately. Our deep scan will provide help immediately!
Please help me to stop Clean-macbook-system-clean.live pop-up and permanently remove it from my Mac system.January 5, 2019 at 2:41 am #1086MFixerGuest
For easy and free removal of Clean-macbook-system-clean.live pop-ups and redirects, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Clean-macbook-system-clean.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Clean-macbook-system-clean.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.