- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 5 months ago by buzzthing.
- March 8, 2016 at 4:50 pm #469CrazyquiffGuest
Have a Windows 10 laptop. Had a load of viruses and PUP’s in Edge and Chrome. I have run and cleaned with the following tools:
But the PUP’s, while drastically reduced, still persist – any advice would be great.
RichMay 29, 2016 at 9:42 am #501MFixerGuest
Self Help Guide
For easy and free removal of PUP, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.
1. Download the following PUP removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of PUP and other malware. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding PUP and other malicious programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications including PUP.
– To remove PUP including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.June 15, 2016 at 4:21 am #515buzzthingGuest
One more software you can use is Junkware Removal Tool. This program is now a property of Malwarebytes, but it is still free. Download it from Malwarebytes website. Run a scan on your computer and for sure it will catch other threats. This tool runs on command prompt. No need to install. It will also backup your Windows Registry before it runs a scan.