Windows Defender error code 0x80093acf

Discussion Forums Security Software and Tools Windows Defender error code 0x80093acf

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Jose 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #1053 Reply
    Jane Waspine

Hi, I am having problems with my computer. Whenever I boot onto Windows, it starts with a message stating “Windows Defender error code 0x80093acf” and it is asking for password.

This is the first time I encountered such an error since I activated Windows Defender more than a year ago. The security program is updated regularly and is working fine since then. I really have no idea why I am receiving “Windows Defender error code 0x80093acf” each time I open my computer. Please help me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jane W.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #1055 Reply
    MFixer
    MFixer

Please note that there are so many cases of fake alerts pretending to be from operating system or Windows Defender. The objective of such bogus warnings is to persuade victims into downloading rogue security application or commit them to pay for online technical support service. In this case, please scan the computer first using the following procedures to see if “Windows Defender error code 0x80093acf” is just caused by some infection.

Self Help Guide

For easy and free removal of virus, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.

1. Download the following malware removal tools

Click to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
    Click to download Adware Cleaner

Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.

2. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware

– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
    – On the main window, click on Scan tab
    – Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
    – Click on Start Scan button to start finding viruses and other malicious programs
    – After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
    – If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
    – Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program

3. Run another scan using AdwCleaner

– Open AdwCleaner.
    – Once opened, click on Scan button to search for malicious applications and viruses.
    – To remove all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
    – AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
    – Click OK to restart the computer.

After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.

#1058 Reply
    Jose

I can’t get into the system to perform a malwarecleaner. I’m stuck on fake page & can’t get past it. I’m know the scams. I’m not calling for help hoping you can suggest something? Thank you in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Windows Defender error code 0x80093acf
Your information: