This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Daniel 4 months, 1 week ago.
- February 7, 2018 at 11:36 pm #937
I found Search Encrypt on my Firefox. It is now the default search engine on my homepage. I am not aware how it gets inside my computer. It just appears right after my kid used the computer the other day. What I have also found is MyQuickConverter. I don’t know if these things come together. Please help me remove Search Encrypt and help me restore my homepage to Google search.
Thanks a lot.
- February 6, 2018 at 11:38 pm #939
Self Help Guide
Official website of Searchencrypt.com contains an article on how to disable Search Encrypt on Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
You may also carry out with the following scans to ensure that computer is clean and free from any potentially unwanted programs (PUP).
1. Download the following Search Encrypt removal tools
Once downloaded, install the programs using default configuration. No need to change on the current settings. Updating may be necessary after the installation.
2. Reboot computer in safe mode
Rebooting the computer in Windows Safe Mode reduces the effectiveness of unwanted program. Most malware and virus do not function fully while in Safe Mode. You may also scan the PC on normal boot-up; hence, we may not guarantee the efficiency of virus removal.
3. Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware
– On the main window, click on Scan tab
– Make sure that Threat Scan (Recommended) is selected
– Click on Start Scan button to start finding unwanted programs
– After the scan, select all identified threats and click on Remove Selected button
– If it prompts you that computer needs to be restarted, please select No
– Close Malwarebytes Anti-malware program
4. Run another scan using AdwCleaner
– Open AdwCleaner.
– Once opened, click on Scan button to search for unwanted applications that brought in Search Encrypt.
– To remove Search Encrypt including all detected adware and malware, click on the Clean button.
– AdwCleaner will prompt you to close any running application as it will need to restart the computer.
– Click OK to restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.February 7, 2018 at 11:47 am #942
This instructions worked like a charm. I found it on Search Encrypt website.
– How to Remove Search Encrypt from Google Chrome?
1. Click the Chrome menu icon in the top right of the browser
2. Click “More tools”
3. Click “Extensions”
4. Click on the trash can icon for Search Encrypt
5. Click “Remove” on the dialog box that pops up
– How to Remove Search Encrypt from Mozilla Firefox?
1. Click on the “Open menu” button in the top right of the browser
2. Click “Add-ons”
3. Click “Extensions”
4. Click “Remove” on the “Search Encrypt” itemFebruary 7, 2018 at 3:22 pm #943
This thing has taken over the default browser on my Mac system – Firefox. I went to Firefox Menu > Preferences > Search, and deleted Search Encrypt entry. Then, I also deleted the same item from Firefox Menu > Add-ons > Extensions. No more Search Encrypt on my Firefox now. Thankfully, it did not affect my Safari browser.February 20, 2018 at 8:38 pm #955
i was trying to remove search encrypt and i will see if the recommended steps worked in a couple of minutes.April 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm #972
your kid was watching p0rn probablyJune 25, 2018 at 11:22 pm #990
This little tip easily eliminated Search Encrypt on my Firefox Browser. Thank you. I was ready to uninstall Firefox and start all over.December 2, 2018 at 12:40 am #1059
Search Encrypt (SE) has taken over my Firefox. I cannot find SE any where…including apps and extensions. When I type in a search item on Firefox, SE page opens automatically and I would have to retype my search item. How can I get rid of SE when your Win10 directions won’t work because I cannot find the SE app anywhere except when trying otrying to use Firefox search.February 8, 2019 at 10:05 pm #1097
use Malwarebytes premiumApril 15, 2019 at 5:05 pm #1114
please help me remove encrept