E.tre456_worm_osx Virus Detected on Mac

Discussion Forums Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems E.tre456_worm_osx Virus Detected on Mac

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by MFixer MFixer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #1077 Reply
    jackmac

A pop-up warning deceived me to update my flash player, instead of an upgrade; a malware was installed on my Mac computer. Now, each time I am browsing the internet, Safari is redirected to a page pretending to be AppleCare Products page. It states that several viruses were found on my Mac and it especially state that E.tre456_worm_osx could really harm the system. It wants me to download scanner but I refuse even though this specific instruction guarantees the removal of E.tre456_worm_osx virus.

Any help and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #1079 Reply
    MFixer
    MFixer

Self Help Guide

For easy and free removal of E.tre456_worm_osx fake alerts and pop-ups, we suggest that you carry out the following instructions. We will use only free and effective malware removal tools on this procedure.

1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:

Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)

2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including E.tre456_worm_osx.

3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.

4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.

5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, E.tre456_worm_osx is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.

6. You may now restart the computer.

After restarting the computer, you may run additional virus scanner if anti-virus is installed.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Reply To: E.tre456_worm_osx Virus Detected on Mac
Your information: